STATE PROVISION FOR SOCIAL NEED
Series Two: The Beveridge Papers from the British Library of Political and Economic Science
Part 4: Reports and Working Papers on Coal, Unemployment, Food Rationing, Manpower, Fuel and Social Insurance, 1925-1961
Part 4 provides complete coverage of all the working papers, correspondence and notes for all Beveridge's Reports:
- The Royal Commission on the Coal Industry of 1925, with papers for
- The Unemployment Insurance Statutory Committee of 1934-1944, with papers for 1934-1944.
- The Sub-Committee of the Committee of Imperial Defence on
Food Rationing, 1936, with papers for 1936-1937.
- The Manpower Survey of 1940 and the Committee on Skilled Men in the Services, 1941, with papers for 1939-1943.
- The Fuel Rationing Enquiry of 1942, with papers for 1941-1945.
- The Inter-Departmental Committee on Social Insurance and Allied Services, 1941-1942 (the Beveridge Report), with papers for 1941-1961. This includes a remarkable collection of pamphlets and newscuttings on the subject of Social Insurance and Welfare issues, as well as reactions to the publication of this influential report.
- The Broadcasting Committee, 1949-1950, with papers for 1949-1950.